I'm not a fan of change of any sort. But through the "stretching" of change the Lord has done a lot in me. I probably wouldn't "volunteer" for the lessons the Lord wants to teach me or the changes for that matter, so like a Good Father the Lord just made me. And I'm super thankful for it! He's helped me see how un-honoring I can be, selfish, and easily offended I can be. Like I said- not the most fun. But so for my good. And hopefully helping me to look at little more like Him.
As we wrapped up the day yesterday with worship and prayer I found my self overwhelmed with how incredibly awesome my job is. There were at least 250 if not 300 people there worshipping the Lord. There were so many college students seeking the Lord, asking for Him to come and change our campus. Think about that for a minute. It's AMAZING!! I realized how much I've taken my job for granted. How incredible it is to be surrounded by so many people who really love the Lord. And really want to serve the people, students, and kids of Athens. (I understand that students and kids are people too, but you get my point.) It's really exciting.
And the thought of this potentially being my last leadership day/retreat/whatever was more than sad. I said potentially. I have no idea what the Lord has in store. I don't know where I'd go. I don't know what I'd do. I just know that if it is the last year, God will provide something. Financially, relationally, physically, all of the -ally's you can think of. Because that's Who He IS. And I'm trying not to take that for granted either.
getting all vulnerable about the future up on this blog!!!!!!
ReplyDelete